Video of Alere Determine HIV test – Positive Test
Most people whom I test for HIV are fortunately negative.
However, I get frequently asked what a positive test looks like.
This is the reason I uploaded this video. It shows the Alere Determine HIV test in action detecting the presence of HIV antibodies in blood.
From the timeline, it also illustrates how fast the Determine test is. Although we always wait for the official 20 minutes for the test to complete, from this video you can see that by 1 minute into the test, we can easily tell if a person is positive for HIV.
- 9 seconds – blood applied
- 24 seconds – chase buffer applied
- 58 seconds – faint line appearing in patient window
- 1 minute 30 seconds – line is obvious and unmistakable
- 4 minutes – faint line appearing in control window
- 5 minutes – both lines are obvious and unmistakable
Click on the link below to watch the video:
If your test looks like this, please see Our Doctors as soon as you can.
Remember, this is a screening test and can have false negative results.
You need another test to confirm if you are really infected with HIV or not.
Need more advice?
- Robertson Walk (Anonymous HIV Clinic) (+65 6238 7810)
- DUO Galleria (Bugis MRT) (+65 6976 5023)
- Novena Medical Centre (+65 6397 2095)
- Somerset – Orchard Building (+65 6262 0762)
- Raffles Place – PLUS (+65 6962 7144)
- Holland V (+65 6235 1339)
- Siglap (East Coast Road) (+65 6962 2144)
Where to find us – here
Selected clinics are open on Saturday and Sunday.
For lady patients who prefer female doctors, we have professional certified female Doctors to attend to your medical needs.
Call us at 63972095 now to book your treatment.Click here for PEP details including prices.
If you have any questions, visit our free online forum on sexual health, HIV and STDs.
If you need a HIV test visit Our Clinics anytime during our opening hours. You do not need an appointment.
Find out more about Anonymous HIV testing at our clinics.
Can’t wait for 3 months to find out? Find out more about Anonymous Rapid HIV Combo test at our clinics.Click here for STD screening packages and prices. Click here to see the full range of our HIV/STD Services
If you had a high risk exposure to HIV within the past 72 hours, you can take medicines to reduce your risk of actually contracting HIV. Find out more on HIV PEP Treatment.Click Here for Contact Details, Address and Opening Times.
About Dr. Tan
Dr. Tan graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2001. His residency was in the two largest public hospitals in Singapore; Tan Tock Seng Hospital and Singapore General Hospital.